Davis H. Crain web developer
What I do
I'm a recent graduate of The Iron Yard's Backend Engineering program where I learned how to think like a developer and the skills necessary to get the job done. The process of taking an idea, building it from concept to reality with a good team gets me very excited. I love a good challenge, and diving in head first to find an efficient solution.
I'm experienced in backend web development, object-oriented and functional programming, RESTful APIs, and graphic design.
Full Stack Web Application Web Developer
- Continue development of enterprise, multi-tenant web application used to manage recovery activities for the Michigan Medicaid program due to third-party liability, recovery of $40m+/year
- Utilize Java, Spring Boot, PL/SQL, AngularJS/5, Jest/Karma/Spock testing, git, Jenkins, Groovy, Jira
- Lead Developer on porting the last module from legacy software to new cloud multi-tenant web application, which helps recover $5m+/year
- Was available to Backend Engineering students during lab time for programming questions
- Gave ad-hoc lectures on Python and Django
- Helped increase revenue by 20% through website optimization and marketing campaigns.
- Maintained e-commerce and online learning website
- Managed customer support services, and provided customer support for the website.
- Created designs for print and web
- Email marketing campaigns
- Streamlined workflow, connecting different services together with APIs
- Made updates on WordPress client sites.
- Design graphics for client websites.
Backend Engineering with Python and Django
The Iron Yard, Greenville, SC
- Completed 12-week intensive immersion program for backend development focused on Python, Django and RESTful APIs. This three-month immersive coding course culminated with a final project, a Yelp for farmers markets, a full featured web app deployed to Heroku (fathen.co).
Brevard College, Brevard, NC
- Spring Boot
- RESTful APIs
- Amazon S3