Davis H. Crain
What I do
I am a web application developer at Kunz, Leigh & Associates. I work on software for the State of Michigan Medicaid program. I work on a great Agile team and utilize Java with Spring Boot, Angular with TypeScript, Git, Oracle and Teradata, testing with Groovy, Spock, and Jest. I like to dabble in Python on the side.
- Develop Django Application to support the Corporate Wellness initiative
- Continue development of enterprise, multi-tenant web application used to manage recovery activities for the Michigan Medicaid program due to third-party liability, recovery of $40m+/year
- Utilize Java, Spring Boot, PL/SQL, Angular, Jest/Karma/Spock testing, git, Jenkins, Groovy, Jira
- Lead Developer on porting the last module from legacy software to new cloud multi-tenant web application, which helps recover $5m+/year
- Was available to Backend Engineering students during lab time for programming questions
- Gave ad-hoc lectures on Python and Django
- Helped increase revenue by 20% through website optimization and marketing campaigns.
- Maintained e-commerce and online learning website (LMS)
- Managed customer support services, and provided customer support for the website.
- Created designs for print and web
- Email marketing campaigns
- Streamlined workflow, connecting different services together with APIs
- Made updates on WordPress client sites.
- Design graphics for client websites.
Backend Engineering with Python and Django
The Iron Yard, Greenville, SC
- Completed 12-week intensive immersion program for backend development focused on Python, Django and RESTful APIs. This immersive coding course culminated with a final project, fathen.co, a Yelp for farmers markets, a full featured web app deployed to Heroku.
Brevard College, Brevard, NC
- Spring Boot
- RESTful APIs
- Amazon S3